Monday, October 31, 2011

Sharing "Connection", FINALLY!!

So, it's November.  Normally this is not a good thing, lol.  Not only does November signify the end of my favorite month of the year, but the slow decent into winter BOOOOO.  November has a silver lining this year and it's the "Connection" kit from Scrapbooking From The Inside Out. This kit has been my favorite! Not just the physical product but the theme as well.  I have to warn you that my layouts this month are pretty heavy, you may need a symbalta and a nap lol.  I have made some of favorite layouts with this kit and I usually share my favorite first but it was hard to pick one.  I finally decided to go with this one

I pinned this feather tutorial a while back never really knowing what I would use it for, but when I saw the Amy Tangerine feather paper I knew.  The changes I made when making my feathers were to use copy paper as the backing and floral wire for my spines.  I want to make about a million of those feathers and paper my walls with them.  This layout is about how isolating it can be to be a SAHM, and how it has added to the difficulty of finding real and lasting friendships. 
November also means it's December Daily time! This is my first year and Im going to be doing a December daily ish album lol.  I have finished my album and Im starting on making my page protectors.  Here is the album which is a 9x6.5 chipboard album with 3 rings and a 2 inch spine.  I think it was from creative imaginations, but I'm not sure.  I covered the outside with Cosmo Cricket fabric, the inside it craft

Thanks for looking a have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow your journalling on your @35 could have been written by me! Sometimes getting exactly what you always thought you wanted is not perfect. Love this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool layout!!
    And DD Cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, and I love your DD album cover. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can soooo 'connect' with this. I am also a SAHM but my kids are 15 and 16 and homeschooled. They behave like 5 year olds, (not exaggerating) much of the time due to their reactive attachment disorder and it's just tough to be isolated with only them. When I do talk with others about it they usually don't understand and it becomes more isolating. anyway, all that to say, I get it. Love your layout, your DD looks like fun too. Can't wait to see the rest of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed that being a SAHM is tough in that way, esp. when you're out in the boonies. love your feathers!! still wondering about DD, your looks off to a wonderful start!!

    ReplyDelete