Monday, September 19, 2011

The odd couple


My two kids are so different! My oldest is a carbon copy of my husband, and my youngest is my mini me.  I see them together and I wonder how in the world my husband and I ever got together lol.  The biggest thing they have in common is their DNA.  My oldest is light hearted and totally accepting of whatever I tell him so I used the day for him and added some Jenni Bowlin Lemon Drops ink to the edges of his photo.  My youngest is super serious and head strong so I chose night for him and used Close to My Heart ink for his photo in Denim.  If you don't have yourself a typewriter then that should be at the top of your to get list pronto!  I have a huge electric Smith & Corona from the 80's my Mom was more than happy to give me, it is pretty much the ugliest thing you've ever seen, but it gets the job done and unlike some of the prettier vintage typewriters it will hold a 12x12 sheet of paper.  Everything on this page is from the September "Balance" kit from Scrapbooking From The Inside Out.  The patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket and the stickers are Echo Park.  Have a great day and thanks for looking.

7 comments:

  1. Really, really cute, love the dimensional elements on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is cute! that social club line is some of my fav stuff ever.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant layout and I am excited for the tip you gave about typewriters from the 80's. May have to search one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, Jamie. I like the dimension that you added to some of the circles. I have two typewriters a cool vintage one and an ugly IBM one that takes 12x12, but I have to say I use my vintage one the most. I love those old glass keys, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome page jamie! love the circles and how you added dimension to them.

    my girls are total opposites too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the design, it's clean but colorful and still just enough goodness and the added dimmension is awesome. I love your blog journaling too, what a great thing to document!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve the popped-up circles here, and yes I do need to get a typewriter!

    ReplyDelete