Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Do work

When I first became a member at Studio Calico I did all the challenges every week, then I got lazy.  I have incorporated challenges into ideas I was already working on, but I hadnt really had fun with what the challenges were about.  This week I decided to get my butt in gear because there were two challenges that were just fab.  First is the Sunday sketch based on the most amazing layout by DT member Emily Pitts.  This is probably the most literal translation of a sketch I have ever done.  I usually only keep one or two elements of the sketch and take a heap of artistic license.  This sketch however was pretty much perfect and I didnt want to muck it by changing stuff around for changing stuff around's sake.  Here is take, click on the Sunday sketch link to see the sketch and the original layout that inspired it.

The challenge was by DT member Stephanie Howell.  Her challenge was to scrap something something funny.  You can click on this link to see her amazing page.  I knew right away the photo I wanted to use.  I had it forever and probably would have never gotten around to scrapping it if it wasnt for this challenge.  I found this plaque in Corbin Ky and thought it was hilarious.  After I posted it to the gallery a few other members said they had seen the plaque in all these different places, it was pretty cool.  One lady even found them for sale on amazon.  So here is that page

There is still plenty of time to play along, I think challenges are open until sometime Saturday.  Dont be lazy like me lol, so as I say as not as I do.  Oh by the way have you seen this plaque lol.

4 comments:

  1. Great pages Jamie. I've been so lazy lately. I love the page with the plaque. That is so funny and your page if perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! Love your sense of humor Jamie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these pages at SC and left you some love. They are both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, love both of these Jamie!

    ReplyDelete